Further discussion on the Palin Reload Rhetoric
Shortly after the assassination attempt on Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and the deaths of innocent people, the blog page appeared on the web clearly stating “1 down, 534 to go” with the further comments of “It is absolutely, absolutely unacceptable to shoot “indiscriminately.” Target only politicians and their staff, and leave regular citizens alone.”
The Blog in question was owned by Travis Corcoran from Arlington Massachusetts and when the Arlington Police visited his home they found numerous weapons and large amounts of ammunition. Since that time his firearm license has been revoked and the Capitol Police have been notified. CBS Boston reported the story below:
So now, all the NeoCons are rushing to the defense of this person Thumping the Constitution that Travis Corcoran’s 1st and 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights have been violated! Really? Well, perhaps you so called scholars of the US Constitution had better go back to school and take up Constitutional Law before you make such grand claims. Realistically, Mr. Travis Corcoran could very well be guilty of Treason and Insurrection against the United States Government not to mention that his Constitutional Rights were forfeited the moment he issued threats of violence against federal authorities.
Just why is it you Conservative, gun wielding nut jobs feel you all have the rights under the US Constitution issue threats of violence against other citizens in this country? It does NOT and You all had better wake up to the laws in this country and stop ranting that your “Constitutional Rights” are being trampled on, as it is You All who are violating the laws in this country.
Limits of Freedom of Speech
Does the First Amendment mean anyone can say anything at any time? NO.
The Supreme Court has rejected an interpretation of speech without limits. Because the First Amendment has such strong language, we begin with the presumption that speech is protected. Over the years, the courts have decided that a few other public interests — for example, national security, justice or personal safety — override freedom of speech. There are no simple rules for determining when speech should be limited, but there are some general tests that help.
Clear and Present Danger
Will this act of speech create a dangerous situation? The First Amendment does not protect statements that are uttered to provoke violence or incite illegal action.
Justice Holmes, speaking for the unanimous Supreme Court, stated, “The question in every case is whether the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent.”
Do you Dipshits feel stupid yet? Again, You NeoCons who wrap yourselves in the Constitution had better start understanding the laws you claim to understand, as people like Travis Corcoran who make threats against the Federal Government WILL NOT be protected by the Constitution and will be convicted of their crimes accordingly.
Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion. Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians), and are committed by non-government agencies.
Terrorism has been practiced by a broad array of political organizations for furthering their objectives. An abiding characteristic is the indiscriminate use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual (See Tea Party Protest sign above).
Types of Terrorism
In early 1975, the Law Enforcement Assistant Administration in the United States formed the National Advisory Committee on Criminal Justice Standards and Goals. One of the five volumes that the committee wrote was entitled Disorders and Terrorism, produced by the Task Force on Disorders and Terrorism under the direction of H.H.A. Cooper, Director of the Task Force staff.
Terrorism is a form of asymmetric warfare, and is more common when direct conventional warfare will not be effective because forces vary greatly in power.
The context in which terrorist tactics are used is often a large-scale, unresolved political conflict. The type of conflict varies widely; historical examples include:
Secession of a territory to form a new sovereign state or become part of a different state
- Todd Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party (AIP) and Sarah Palin gave the opening address to the AIP 2008 Convention which is promoting that Alaska becomes an independent nation by seceding from the United States.
- Several Southern States of the Religious Right have openly promoted Secession from the United States.
- In 2011 The Arizona Legislature introduce a new bill and the purpose was for the State of Arizona to secede from the United States.
Dominance of territory or resources by various ethnic groups
- The Alaskan Republican Right led by Sarah Palin has oppressed the native Inuit tribes by promoting Oil Drilling and production for the benefit of the non natives.
- The GOP and Right has a long history of alignment with Big Oil including starting unjustified wars to not only fuel the War Machine in the USA but to control and dominate the natural resources in the Middle East.
Imposition of a particular form of government
- After the Election of President Obama the GOP not only refused to cooperate and govern for the good of all (Party of NO).
- The Radical Right of the GOP formed a grass roots organization called the Tea Party funded by the Koch Brothers.
- David and Charles Koch are lifelong libertarians and have quietly given more than a hundred million dollars to right-wing causes.
Economic deprivation of a population
- Tax Breaks and Financial Protection of the upper 1% of the Population including Corporations while continuing to tax the middle and lower class of citizens.
- Open discussion and comments from the GOP Right and Tea Party about the middle and lower class leaving the USA for Mexico leaving the USA for the Rich.
- The GOP recently took firm ground that if they were to agree with extending Unemployment benefits for millions of the middle class, that the Bush Tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans were to be extended and this was the only way. The video proof of “Trickle Down Economics” is above and has been proven over and over that it simply does not work. Holding the middle class of this country hostage for the guarantee that the rich get richer is clearly a move to economic deprivation of the lower classes.
- Tea Party was formed by the Religious Right which has history of Extreme Religious Fanaticism
Right-wing terrorism draws its inspiration from a variety of ideologies and beliefs, including neo-fascism, neo-Nazism, racism and opposition to foreigners and immigration. Incidents of this type of terrorism have been sporadic with little or no international cooperation. Their actions are generally poorly coordinated and there are few identifiable organizations. Modern right wing terrorism began to appear in western Europe in the 1980s and in eastern Europe following the collapse of Communism.
- Since the Election of President Obama, the first Black President the Tea Party was formed and there continues the persistent pursuit and attack of President Obama for his Citizenship and claim that he is a citizen of Kenya and of the Muslim religion.
- The Religious Right/Tea Party has been attacking the problems of Immigration of foreigners into the United States.
- The Religious Right/Tea Party have fought and protested the building of a Mosque in lower Manhattan again making an issue of Race, Nationality and Religion
The objective of right-wing terrorism is the overthrow existing governments and their replacement with nationalist or fascist-oriented governments.
- With the formation of the Radical Right Tea Party funded by Billionaires and the quick rise of candidates for the 2010 Election, this proves beyond question
- The pseudo leader of the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, recently spoke at the Safari Club International and when she got the crowd fired up over the phony prospect that the government, specifically President Obama was going to take their guns, the sick grin from Ms. Palin of hatred for the current administration and the people of the USA made her intentions obvious… Incite Terrorism.
Right-wing terrorists generally are inspired by 19th century and early 20th century nationalist writers such as Arthur de Gobineau, Houston Stewart Chamberlain and Heinrich von Treitschke. The core of this movement includes neo-fascist skinheads, right-wing hooligans, youth sympathizers and intellectual guides who believe that the state must rid itself of foreign elements in order to protect rightful citizens. However, they usually lack a rigid ideology.
- The Radical Religious Right/Tea Party have been relentless in their pursuit of tighter immigration laws and the deportation of foreign nationals from the United States